Sunday 11 October 2015

Our Week... (5th-11th October '15)


Hey, so every Sunday evening I'm going to sit down and write about what we've been up to over the past 7 days. This week isn't particularly exciting but here's to the start of something new!

On Monday it absolutely poured down....ALL day! This meant a cancelled play date, coffee and catch up with the lovely Lauren and instead i dried myself off from the wet school run, watched box sets and sorted out my cross stitch threads.

Tuesday i had an epic baking fail...i have no idea what happened but they tasted good anyway! 

On Wednesday Eddie and i went to a lovely playgroup and met with Lauren and her little ones, I think we will try and go back regularly as Eddie loved the climbing frame and crafts on offer . When we got home we mostly played Lego. I also bought some mince pies! yes Christmas has started!!!


Thursday was a housework day. After school Poppy and I had fun playing the Ocarina. They are learning how to play at school, she's really enjoying it and when the chance came to order the instrument and book I couldn't really say no. I may have enjoyed it a bit too much, memories of playing the recorder and flute as child came flooding back.

Friday was quite an anxious day, Poppy had a school trip which i always get myself in a state about but i was kept busy by a course I do in the morning and snuggles with Eddie in the afternoon. Eddie decorated some awesome gingerbread men in Creche, he even asked if he could do one for Poppy which was super cute.

Saturday was a busy one. It started off with Poppy's morning yoga lesson, then in the afternoon she had one of her oldest friends birthday to attend. It was so lovely to see her with some of the children she first met when she was just a few months old at early parenting course. I also started putting some Halloween decorations up. The candle holders were a bargain at £1 each from Poundland and the paper chains were also £1 from Asda.



Sunday i woke feeling awful, this head cold just won't shift.  Greg did some gardening with Poppy whilst I sat with Eddie feeling sorry for myself. We decided to go for a walk before our food shop came. I absolutely love where we live, we are only 5-10 minute walk from the promenade and some lovely quiet parks. We took the scooters and Eddie finally has confidence to scoot for more than 10 seconds !!! Today felt like a proper family Sunday, how I remember Sundays used to be when i was little. We finished it off with a yummy roast dinner .



It wouldn't be a post from me without some food photos. Yummy veggie (and some vegan) food :)











No comments:

Post a Comment