Tuesday 13 October 2015

Christmas 2015 Gift Ideas- Framed photographs



It's that time of year again where we are all starting to think about Christmas presents-unless you are like me and start in May! 

One gift that family love to receive is a framed photo of the kids. I will always remember the huge collection of photos on the walls at my Gran and Gramps house of all their grandchildren.

We were recently lucky enough to win a competition prize of a mini photo shoot with VP Photography in Worthing. We had never had photographs taken as a family before so were a little nervous and didn't quite know what to expect. We really didn't need to be though as Vix's lovely little home studio was so cosy and welcoming, the kids instantly felt relaxed and comfortable - ready to strike their pose. 

I dressed Poppy and Eddie in some nice autumn/winter clothes but took along a Christmas jumper for each of them with Christmas cards and gifts in mind. There was also a dressing up box with outfits, accessories and props which was lots of fun.

It was so nice to be able to have a peek at the unedited images during the shoot and i was blown away at how good the photos were. If your kids are anything like mine they will either move , blink or pull an awkward "mummy stop taking photos of me" face, which makes getting a successful photo almost impossible.

We ended up paying for an upgrade to get extra digital images as there were so many good ones, including a photo of all of us as a family, something we haven't had up until now. VP Photography's prices are very affordable with mini shoots starting at £35 for 15 digital images, great value for the quality of images produced. 

You can find Vix's Facebook page here for lots of images of past shoots including some fun superhero and Harry Potter themed ones i already want to book.



8 comments:

  1. I love the pictures, you've got a beautiful family.

    That's a brilliant price for a mini shoot too. I'll take a look at Vix's Facebook page.

    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thanks Laura, that's really kind. We love the photos too.

      Thanks for reading

      Emily x

      Delete
  2. That's is a brillIiant price and such a lovely photos. There is just something so special about reviewing picture frames of your children or grandchildren. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pictures and what a fab price for a shout. Lovely gift for grandparents x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photo's. The family one is beautiful! I'm like you I start really early too. I'm almost done just need some stocking fillers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely is that! I really need to get more photos up around my house, I'm not great at the whole DIY thing and putting nails into walls so will have to give that job to my partner, I fancy having lots going up the stairs too! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you!
    I use command strips, they are really good. We aren't allowed to make holes in the walls as we rent but these don't damage the walls, you can even get hooks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the lovely comments. I'm almost done with my christmas shopping :)

    ReplyDelete