Sunday 28 June 2015

RECIPE- Week 1 : Vegan quesadilla and kale crisps

I've given myself a challenge of doing a recipe a week, so here is week 1...

These recipes won't all be vegan/ plant based as Greg and the kids still eat a little meat, dairy and eggs, but they will mostly be "healthy" with a few naughty recipes of course... We can't be good all of the time! 

Vegan quesadilla and kale crisps

What you will need...
2 tortilla wraps for each quesadilla 
•  Tomato pureĆ©
• Cheese (I used Violife mozzarella style      
   Vegan "cheese" slices
• Red onion
• Mushrooms (I used chestnut)
• Red pepper 
• Spinach

How to cook...
I started off by chopping the red onion,  mushrooms, slicing the red onion and throwing it all in the wok to cook through. 

I spread some tomato pureƩ on one of the tortilla wraps, and placed tomato side up in a heated frying pan on a low heat, Then I added all the filling...it looked something like this...


Next I put the other tortilla wrap on top and heated for a couple of minutes, then I flipped it over . 


Cook for a further 3-4 minutes until browned and crispy, then you're finished! 

I served with some BBQ sauce and kale crisps... You can find my recipe for the kale crisps here




No comments:

Post a Comment