Wednesday 28 January 2015

My baby started Pre-School

This week my baby started pre school. 
It's a subject we have talked about for a while now with many pros and cons. 
I'm very open with the fact that I struggle with the kids.  As a full time mum with a history of post natal depression which turned into extreme anxiety, I really could do with a couple of hours me time a week. Also Eddie hasn't grown up (like Poppy did) with lots of friends and play dates nor has he been away from me much since the day he was born. 
When we moved to our current home there was only about 8-9 weeks left of the summer term before she started school so we had to find Poppy a Pre school fast. Luckily we found the perfect one very close by. 
It's somewhere Eddie is familiar with now after many drop offs and pick ups with his sister and the staff are so lovely, we were confident he would be happy there. 
He started off with a couple of settling in hour long sessions and then I finally had to cut the cord and leave him for 2 and a half hours! He ran off, no tears, happy as Larry and confident just like his sister did on her first day. I couldn't have been happier! What was i worrying about? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment